We provide a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Service to help secure a safer environment for our residents, to reduce crime and the fear of crime in the area, to reduce incidents of Anti-Social Behaviour, criminal damage, vandalism and graffiti and to support the elderly and vulnerable residents living in the area.
The CCTV Service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year. You can contact the CCTV suite directly by:
- Telephone: 0161 946 9501/9502
- email: email@example.com
Willow Park has 230 CCTV cameras throughout the area, both functional dome and static cameras. All these cameras are clearly identified by warning signs and are located in the following areas -
- Willow Park Housing Trust offices
- Community buildings
- Open spaces e.g. parks
- Concierge properties - Hollyhedge Court, Brownley Court, Benchill Court, Birchtree Court, Edwards Court and also in our sheltered housing schemes.
- Sharston Industrial Estate
We have additional remote cameras that can be installed inside a property and the Trust has recently agreed to monitor the CCTV cameras for Southways Housing Trust.
- To proactively monitor all cameras to detect crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Answering telephone calls for the Neighbourhood Warden Service
- Running the Concierge Service at multi-storey flats, sheltered blocks and other homes with door entry systems.
- We operate an out of hours emergency service at weekends and after 6:00pm on weekdays until 8:00am the following morning.
All CCTV Staff are fully trained SIA Licensed operators and they are fully vetted.
Reporting criminal behaviour
The CCTV staff will zoom in on camera, capture the incident and contact the emergency services if necessary. They will log all incidents that are reported to them or detected by CCTV.
Willow Park's CCTV service works with a number of different partners and agencies. Depending on the nature of the information that CCTV gather, they will forward it to:
- Greater Manchester Police (GMP)
- Fire Service
- Ambulance Service
- Other Willow Park departments - Neighbourhood Wardens, Nuisance Team, Repairs
- Manchester City Council including Environmental Services
The CCTV control room is regularly used by local Police officers to monitor areas of criminal activity and gather intelligence. The CCTV service and Neighbourhood Wardens have also provided valuable support to the police, leading to a number of arrests in relation to various crimes. These include:
- Firearms incidents
- Attempted murders
- Serious assaults
- Drug related crimes
- Vehicle crimes
- Public disorder offences
- Armed robbery
24 hour service
All our CCTV cameras record 24 hours a day so, if we do miss something we can look at footage from the past 30 days, to see if an incident was caught on film. Footage is destroyed after 30 days.
Access to footage
There are very strict rules about who, how and why CCTV footage can be viewed. GMP can request footage when an incident has been reported to them and believe it will help with their enquiries.
Community Safety Team
Willow Park's CCTV service is part of our Community Safety Team including the Neighbourhood Wardens and the Nuisance Team.
CCTV staff pass on information to the Neighbourhood Warden patrols about:-
- Residents requesting a Neighbourhood Warden visit
- Residents providing information of crime and/or anti-social behaviour
- Police information regarding crime or anti-social behaviour hotspots
- Incidents captured on CCTV that the Neighbourhood Wardens may be able to attend
All the information is passed to our Nuisance Team who build nuisance cases against perpetrators of crime and anti-social behaviour in our area. The Nuisance Team can use the information as evidence to take the necessary action against Willow Park residents and non-Willow Park residents.
CCTV service standards
- All staff are licensed by the Security Industry Authority
- Requests for footage by GMP will be provided within 24 hours
- All technical faults will be investigated within 1 working day
- 90% of faults will be repaired within 5 working days
- All incoming calls to be answered within 20 seconds
Contacting CCTV staff
Tenants often feel frightened to report ASB/other crime to the CCTV Suite but rest assured all calls are treated confidentially and you do not have to give your name if you don't want to.
You can report any of the following issues:
- Noise Nuisance
- Anti-Social Behaviour
- Vehicle Nuisance
- Environmental Issues (Littering/Fly Tipping)
- Any other Crime
If it is an emergency please contact the Police on 999 or use 0161 872 5050 for other minor incidents.
We welcome your feedback on our CCTV service so please feel free to download this CCTV/Concierge service satisfaction questionnaire and email it back to us.