Debt Advice Service

We have a free Debt Advice Service if you are having debt problems and are finding it hard to pay your rent or bills.  You can speak to our debt advisor who can give you free, independent and confidential advice on:

  • Different types of debt
  • Dealing with debt
  • Going bankrupt
  • County Court Judgments (CCJs)
  • Debt and mental health
  • Loan sharks and illegal money lending

Don't panic about your debt problems - take action!

Willow Park's Advisors, can help you take steps to improve your situation. Don't ignore the problem.  The sooner you get help, the sooner the problem can be fixed.  To make an appointment please call 0800 633 5500 or visit one of our offices.

Download the Money Matters Brochure.


When you move in there are many things you need to pay for.  You will need enough money to pay for your rent, council tax, electricity, gas, phone, travel, TV licence, food and drink, clothes and shoes, toiletries, credit cards and loans.  As soon as you move in you should work out what you spend on these things each week so you know how much money you will have left over.

Do you need to work out where your money is going? If you need some help with your budgeting speak to one of our Money Mentors, Rob or Clare today on 0800 633 5500 or email the team on

Where else can I get help?

There are lots of things you can do and lots of people who can help. Here are just a few or take a look at our useful websites section.  


Manchester City Council Logo


Manchester City Council offer advice and information on their website available to all Manchester residents.
Loan Shark Project

The Illegal Money Lending Team run by Birmingham City Council and Manchester City Council provide advice and support to those who have borrowed from illegal money lenders. 

Download their leaflet.

Citizens Advice Bureau Logo

The Manchester Citizens Advice Bureau offers free, confidential, impartial, and independent advice and information on a wide range of subjects including welfare rights and debt advice. We have community legal advice centres in Ancoats, Hulme, Longsight, Moston, Withington and Wythenshawe. We also have an extensive outreach service with sessions across the city including the Woodhouse Park Sure Start Centre, along with our telephone advice and email advice services.

No appointments are required for advice drop in to the centre or call the advice line on the number below.

Telephone number 08444 111 222

Community Legal Advice Logo

Free legal advice for people who live or work in Wythenshawe including welfare rights, debt, education, employment and housing.

Wythenshawe Community Legal Advice Service
16 Rowlandsway
M22 5RG   view map

Mon 09:00 - 17:30
Tue 09:00 - 17:30
Wed 09:00 - 18:30
Thu 09:00 - 17:30
Fri 09:00 - 17:30
Sat 09:30 - 12:30
National Debt Line National Debtline is a national telephone helpline for people with debt problems in England, Wales and Scotland.  The service is free confidential and independent. Tel: 0808 808 4000.
Age UK Logo

Age UK Website
Age UK want to help you make the most of your money, whether that's claiming benefits you're due, doing a bit of savvy shopping, or other advice.

Telephone: 0800 169 6565.

Wythenshawe Law Centre

The law centre provides free debt, housing and welfare benefits advice for people who live or work in Wythenshawe. They are now based at the new Enterprise Centre on Benchill Road. For advice contact them on the details below.

Wythenshawe Law Centre
The Enterprise Centre
34 Benchill Road
M22 8LF

Telephone: 0161 946 3557
Fax: 0161 946 3561

Print Document Print this page