Improvement Programme Achievements
The Planned Maintenance and capital Improvement Programme has been ongoing since the original Willow Park stock transfer took place in October 1999. In 1994 more properties in Woodhouse Park and Moss Nook were added to the Trusts property portfolio transfer took place and together Willow Park have delivered over 77,000 improvements with an investment of over £22 million pounds in the East Wythenshawe area.
Area Improvements include:
- New bathrooms and kitchens, central heating and rewiring where required.
- Multi Storey tower block improvements and balcony enclosures with Curtain Walling.
- External improvements include new double glazed windows, new security doors, external painting, canopy & bay roof replacements, re-roofing, brick cleaning and re-pointing, vehicle hardstandings, footway crossings, fencing and gates.
- Solar PV panels have been installed to the roofs of all our older Persons sheltered schemes and bungalow properties offering free electricity for the tenants use, resulting in significant energy bill savings to some of our more vulnerable tenants.
- A CCTV security system has been installed across much of the Willow Park area. This has improved residents security, helped reduce crime and given tenants in sheltered accommodation and multi-storey blocks added peace of mind.
- Improvements to open spaces and childrens play areas.
- Cavity wall and loft insulation has been installed.
Approximately 40% of the improvement programme works is currently carried out by Willow Park’s own in-house Contractor which has contributed significantly to local employment opportunities and overall cost savings.
Examples of various scheme improvements
- Conversion & refurbishment of flats
- Multi storey flats external refurbishments
- Balcony enclosures & curtain walling
- Communal area improvements
- Kitchen replacements
- Windows, doors, canopies and bay roof replacements
- New fencing & driveways