Welfare Reform Changes in Wythenshawe

The government is making (and has already made) big changes to working-age benefits since 2013. These are called Welfare Reform and include changes such as the “Bedroom Tax” – reducing Housing Benefit for working age tenants with ‘extra’ bedrooms, the Benefit cap – limiting the total income from benefits people can get and the introduction of Universal Credit – where all payments, including those to cover your rent – are made monthly directly to you.

For more information and answers to questions you may about benefit changes check out the new Welfare Reform section of our website – www.wchg.org.uk/welfare-reform/. You will find summaries of the recent and forthcoming changes. There is also more detailed information on all these – follow the links for more detail, including Frequently Asked Questions.

Some of these changes might make it more difficult for you to pay your rent. Remember – your rent is your responsibility, but Wythenshawe Community Housing Group is here to help if you are having money worries.

If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact the Rents and Financial Inclusion Team on 0300 111 000 or 0800 633 5500 or email us on moneyadvice@wchg.org.uk