What do Assure 24 do?
“Assure 24 aim to improve the quality of life by providing a uniformed presence in residential areas. Assure 24 promote community safety, contribute to community development; assist with environmental improvements and housing management. Their presence can help to deter local crime and disorder in the community in a manner which is non-confrontational. They are considered the ‘eyes and ears’ of the community working closely with residents, local businesses, police and the local authority…”
Although they are not police officers, they work with the police to help cut crime and disorder. They can advise you about home safety and security, and take action against:
- Anti-social behaviour
- Youth’s Causing Annoyance
- Bogus callers
They also deal with a whole range of environmental problems. Things like . . .
- Dumped rubbish, un-kept Gardens
- Abandoned cars and trollies
- Faulty street lights
What they DON’T DO
They do not have police powers – they are the same as any other citizen. They do not replace the police but help in a good neighbour role.
What level of service can I expect?
A group of residents interested in community safety issues met to discuss what level of service they thought residents should expect from our Assure 24 Team. They came up with four customer service standards that the team now work to and are monitored against. These are:
- Assure 24 will respond to urgent requests for attention within 30 minutes.
- Assure 24 will patrol ASB hotspot areas on a daily basis.
- Assure 24 will forward any information relevant to other organisations and agencies by the end of the working day.
How do they work?
- They patrol the area, in particularly those parts of the area with specific problems
- They keep an eye on what’s going on and in doing so often deter anti-social behaviour
- They report and act on problems from litter to vandalism and antisocial behaviour
- They work with the community and residents groups
- They also keep in contact with vulnerable people in our community
How will I recognise the Assure 24?
Assure 24 wear distinct uniforms and patrol the area in Wythenshawe Community Housing Group vans with distinct Assure 24 s logo, vans are also with fitted surveillance equipment on the top for prevention and detection of nuisance behaviour and criminal activity.
When are the Assure 24 around?
Assure 24 work from 1pm to 10:15pm but do not patrol the streets any later than 9.45pm
How can I contact the Assure 24?
Request assistance or report an incident to the Assure 24 by calling 0161 946 9501 emailing email@example.com or use our online form.
Remember though, they are not the police – phone 999 for emergencies or 101 for non emergencies .