Your Tenancy Agreement tells you the rules about keeping pets in your home. If you are allowed to keep pets, there are limits to the type and number and you must stick to these.
Keeping pets – the rules
- You are allowed to keep small domestic animals only (cats, dogs, caged birds for example budgerigars, or fish in a fish tank).
- You must keep them under control and not allow them to cause a nuisance to any other person.
- You cannot have more than two dogs or cats (or one of each) unless you have the written permission of the Group.
- You must not keep any pet in poor or unsanitary conditions.
- You must never, ever, allow them to foul without clearing it up.
If you want more information about keeping pets, or want to ask for permission to keep a pet, please phone Customer Services on 0800 633 5500 and ask for the Tenancy Management Team or you can complete the online form.
Live in a flat?
You are not allowed to keep a cat or dog if you live in a flat or maisonette unless you have your own front door which opens onto the street. For example if you share the communal staircase in a first floor cottage flat, you will not be allowed a cat or dog, although the person on the ground floor will as there is immediate access outside when they open both their front and rear doors.
You are not allowed to keep any animal which is classified as dangerous under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.
You must also comply with the provisions of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 if you keep dogs which are classified as dangerous under that act.
You are not allowed to keep any other livestock our poultry on the premises including the garden, yard or balcony.
Report mistreatment to RSPCA
If you are concerned about the conditions an animal is kept in or are worried that the animal is being mistreated, you can contact the RSPCA on their 24 hour national cruelty and advice line on 0300 1234 999.
If you want to contact us regarding an issue with pets or want to ask for permission to keep a pet please contact your Tenancy Management Coordinator on 0800 633 5500 or email us using the online form.
Pest Control Services
Do you have unwanted guests in or around your home? Things like fleas, cockroaches and mice? We know how much misery they can cause. Not only that, they can cause damage and be a threat to your health and safety.
How we can help
We can get rid of pests and give expert advice on how to stop them getting in again. What’s more, there is no charge to remove any of the following
Single visit for treatment and removal
- Cat and dog fleas
- Ants emerging within the home.
Trap/bait setting and follow-up visit
- Bed bugs
- Grey squirrels
- Rats and house mice
Services you’ll need to pay for
We have to charge if you want us to deal with any of the following
- Garden ants £48 per treatment
- Silverfish and woodlice £48 per treatment
- Sharps removal (needle sweep) £60 per sweep
- Feral pigeons (includes netting) £336
Wythenshawe Community Housing Group also extends this service to residents of non WP stock attached to our homes, please contact our Customers Services Team on 0800 633 5500 for more information on any of these services