Responsibility for the maintenance of your home is shared between you and us. As your landlord we have responsibility for the majority of repairs and maintenance to your home. However there are certain types of repairs for which you are responsible.
Download our document showing Repairs responsibilities (PDF).
You are expected to keep the property in good decorative order and do the following minor repairs:
- Easing internal doors to fit carpets.
- Clearing blocked sinks, basins or shower wastes.
- Replacing electric fuses, light bulbs, tap washers, sink and bath plugs.
- Relighting boilers.
- Filling small plaster cracks.
- Plumbing in washing machines.
- Repairing any damage caused by you or your visitors.
It is also up to you to repair any fittings or appliances not provided by Willow Park.
We don’t fit connections for washing machines or gas ovens. This is your responsibility and you must arrange it yourself. However, you may want to consider using our Handyperson Service for these jobs.
If you are unable to arrange for the work to be done for which you are responsible, we can arrange for it to be carried out and will charge you for the work.
Willow Park’s responsibility
We have a legal responsibility for keeping the structure of the building and most of the fixtures and fittings in good order. These include:
- Drains, gutters and external pipes.
- External brickwork and doors, window sills and frames.
- Chimneys, chimney stacks and flues (but not sweeping).
- Pathways, steps and other forms of access.
- Repairs to boundary walls or boundary fences.
- Replacing keys and locks if you are locked out of your home (you may be charged for this service).
- All services. This includes gas and water pipes and electrical wiring.
Sometimes we will have to look at the problem before we send someone to do the work. We’ll let you know if we need to do this when you ask for the repair. We might also need to inspect the job afterwards to make sure it has been done properly.