This is what we expect from you:
- You must live in the property as your main home.
- You must pay your rent and service charges in advance either weekly or monthly. You are responsible for making sure that they are paid even if you get housing benefit.
- You must not use your home to run a business.
- You must stick to the rules about keeping pets.
- You must look after your home, its gardens or communal areas and not let anyone damage it.
- You must not use your home for anything illegal.
- You, your family and visitors must not cause a nuisance to others.
- You, your family and visitors must not harass anyone because of their race, colour, religion or any other reason.
- You are responsible for some repairs.
- You must not alter the property without our permission. You do have the right to improve your home once you have our permission in writing.
- You must make sure that your home does not become overcrowded.
This is what you can expect from us:
- We will not interfere with your right to stay in your home unless you break the terms and conditions of your tenancy.
- We will look after the structure and the outside of your home and make sure that your roof, drains, gutters and outside piping are working properly.
- We will look after common areas and make sure that things like stairwells are safe and lifts, lighting and security systems are working.
- We will insure the building only for risks that we think we need to. You will need to insure the contents of your home and personal items yourself.