As a tenant, you are responsible for keeping the inside of your home in good condition. To help you do this it is best to carry out small tasks and checks to prevent future problems such as those listed below:
- Wipe down on a regular basis all windows affected by condensation and if any mould has formed you can clean it off using a wash of diluted bleach or a proprietary product, which can be bought from all DIY stores.
- Lime scale can be removed from baths, sinks, shower heads and taps with a de-scalar, again this can be obtained from all DIY stores.
- Blockages in kitchen sink waste pipes can be prevented by flushing through using washing soda and hot water.
- Outside gullies should be kept clear of leaves and other debris so that water drains away easily.
- Make sure you know where the main stopcock is, and how to turn it off. Also, be sure to know how to turn off your electricity and gas supply in an emergency. If you do not, ask any of our staff or contractors when they next visit you.
- Know how to turn off your gas and electricity supply in case of an emergency.
- Oil door hinges and locks.
- Replace washers in dripping taps.
In the Autumn you should check the following list of items and notify us of any problems. We can then repair them before they get any worse.
- If you use an open fire, have you swept the chimney? This is normally your responsibility.
- Are all your heating controls set correctly?
- Are there any tiles or slates missing or broken on your roof?
- Are there any leaks from gutters and down pipes?